Carseldine Farmers Markets - I went and I saw



I went to the Carseldine Farmers Market which opened today and I was not the only person who thought it was a good morning to head to a market.

Warm weather and a clear blue sky, near perfect Brisbane July weather is also perfect for market browsing as the crowds attested. Note to self: next time go much earlier! 

I wasn't the only one surprised by the huge turn out.  By 10 am several of the farmer stalls had sold out and were packing up.  Good news for them.  I hope they bring more produce next week as there were plenty of people still willing to buy.

This is a very large market set amidst the grounds of the old QUT Campus at Carseldine.  It's easy to find just off Beams Road and there are parking spaces for 650 cars, although nearly everyone seemed full when we arrived.




There's a wide selection of food. We enjoyed a market breakfast which cost $8 each. I think that was good value for two eggs, a few pieces of thick, crisp bacon and a slice of sour dough.  K2 had a muffin version. Our coffee, however, was $4 and not nearly strong enough.






There were farmers stalls but with the crowds they were a little hard to find.  I also expected that since it's a 'farmers market'  there would be more, but maybe that's just me.  There were also lots of stalls with general market type goods, clothing and homewares.







It's a market with music and a sense of fun too, with quirky signs and props that add humour to the experience.




This is a dog friendly market but it was very crowded and not easy to get around for the dog.

The Carseldine Markets opens at 6am and runs until 12 noon every Saturday.

Where are Brisbane's other top produce markets?  Here's my top ten list which actually has 11 markets.

Kerry Heaney



Disclaimer:  Ed+bK paid for her breakfast.